Military DC-DC Power Supply Products
Over the years ACT has produced a variety of DC-DC power supplies for military and rugged applications. ACT’s power supplies have been designed to meet a variety of military standards, and revisions, such as MIL-STD-1275 (ground vehicles). Our engineers are very familiar with the technically challenging requirements of these specifications such as the high voltage spikes and the low input voltage transients of MIL-STD-1275.
Can't find what your looking for? Contact us, we specialize in developing to fit your exact need.
DC-DC Power Supply Product Options
ACT can provide a wide range of different DC-DC power supply products to meet the specifications of any client. Some of our various types of DC-DC products we offer are:
- High voltage power supplies: Hermetically sealed, potted or oil-gas dielectric power supply modules deliver between 1 and 35 kV through single or multiple outputs.
- Low voltage power supplies: Multi-output power supply units provide less than 1 kV and are capable of operating in a broad range of temperatures.
- Rack-mounted/VME power supplies: Standard or custom-sized modules to fit your need. Designed to produce less than 3% total harmonic distortion. They are available with multiple DC outputs and square or sine wave inverters.
- Shipboard power supplies: Specially-designed military DC-DC power supplies built for use on Navy ships and submarines, they are compliant with MIL-STD-1399 section 300A.
- Ion pump power supplies : Oil-gas or potted, hermetically-sealed devices are built to withstand tough environments.
ACT can also provide specifically engineered solutions to meet your power needs. Contact our office directly to speak with a representative about your requirements.
Our Manufacturing Process
In order to minimize development time and cost ACT utilizes many of the circuit topologies that have been successfully used in prior designs that meet the difficult electrical, mechanical and environmental specifications our customers request. Additionally, in many applications ACT engineers incorporate rugged military components that are readily available.
Using our extensive experience we can wrap the EMI and monitoring circuitry around these components along with the thermal management necessary to make rugged military power supplies (aka Military Off-the-Shelf – MOTS). Packaging options include rack mounted, bench mounted or ruggedized frame mounts.
Built to Withstand Severe Conditions
ACT power products have been deployed to applications that are in severe environments. We have DC-DC military power supplies that have been tested to many levels of the shock and vibration requirements of MIL-STD-810 and the high impact shock requirements of MIL-S-901. ACT 270 V DC power supplies have survived in severe environments such as wide temperature ranges and high altitude. Many applications require hermetically sealed units. Our propriety oil-gas backfilled high voltage rugged power supplies provide the highest reliability in these types of environments and applications.
Power Supply for Military and Industrial Applications
ACT has successfully deployed 270 VDC power supplies, 28 VDC power supplies and numerous other DC input voltage products in a variety of applications. ACT’s high voltage power supplies utilize light weight potting compounds or ACT’s proprietary oil-gas process to achieve a high level of reliability. Tough environments we have handled are for helmet display applications for fighter and helicopter platforms involved with military and aerospace industries. Additional high voltage applications include Electro-Static Precipitators, Fluid ionization / filtration, ion pumps and powering image intensifier tubes.
Contact ACT Now for All Your DC Power Needs
We have over 30 years of industry expertise to help you meet the demanding power requirements of your next job. We can provide comprehensive DC power solutions to defense and aerospace contractors, industrial manufacturers or any other client — contact our team now to find out what we can do for you.