Advanced Conversion Technology’s (ACT) experience as a leading supplier of high reliability power supplies positions ACT as an ideal supplier for Build-to-Print manufacturing and test services for military applications. For more than thirty years, ACT has been a major supplier for custom designed power supplies for the world’s most demanding defense applications and environments.
ACT is a small business established in 1981. ACT is a financially stable company with a proven history of making custom products for military aircraft, shipboard, and ground based platforms. This makes choosing ACT for your military application a winner.
ACT has a 63,000 square foot facility located in Middletown, Pennsylvania, USA, with majority of the space dedicated to manufacturing. ACT’s philosophy supports consistent control of the manufacturing process, which guarantees excellent performance, cost efficiencies and timely deliveries to meet the critical demands of Build-to-Print customers. ACT’s operational capacity enables the efficient manufacture and delivery of high mix, low to high volume assemblies. ACT is a financially strong company whose position is to fully understand the customer’s requirements with total commitment to meet or exceed them. ACT accomplishes customer goals by drawing on their extensive in-house capabilities and processes. ACT’s in-house resources uniquely position us to offer an extraordinary variety of production services. ACT teams with you to meet your goals by mutually entering into a long term business relationship. ACT’s legacy centers on the design and fabrication of complex power supplies for defense applications. ACT produces various types of enclosures as well as many of the components like transformers and chokes for such assemblies. This vertical integration benefits ACT’s customers with size, cost and delivery and is a perfect match for Build-to-Print services, technical expertise and operational efficiencies.
ACT’s manufacturing techniques have been developed and perfected over many years and are continually monitored, revised and upgraded to remain current with customer demands. Assembly and test techniques include pick and place automation and hand placement of parts. ACT uses current testing methods and equipment. ACT’s in-house design and fabrication capability for assembly and tests provides our customers with convenience as well as cost benefits. Each assembly is tested and visually inspected to ensure it was manufactured in accordance with applicable standards. As a result of ACT’s extensive experience our assembly processes, materials controls, testing procedures and quality assurance processes are well established. ACT has a strong heritage in designing and manufacturing custom power supplies with a solid, long term customer base. ACT prides themselves in meeting or exceeding their customer expectations.
- Fully equipped modern metal working shop for fabricating and machining chassis and enclosures
- CAM Software – directly linked to CAD system allowing our engineering department to send a CAD drawing into the metal shop and within hours a part can be fabricated.
- Machining centers (CNC and conventional)
- Water Jet Machining (CNC)
- The water jet cutter can be used to cut complex patterns in aluminum, steel, copper, fiberglass and many other materials.
- Punches (CNC and conventional)
- Brakes (CNC and conventional)
- Lathes grinding / sanding
- Tinning / soldering
- Machining and sheet metal fabrication
- Plating and Chem Film Line – Chemical Conversion Coating to MIL-DTL-5541, Types I and II and Electro Tin Plating
- Silk screen marking
- Toroid winding machines
- Bobbin winding machines
- Coil winding machines
- Encapsulating (potting, varnish, etc.)
- Trained and experienced operators
- Dedicated testing capability
Printed Circuit Board Assembly
- Automatic surface mount pick and place
- Automated printed circuit board assembly
- CNC leaded and surface mount component locator
- Lead forming / tinning
- Conformal coating
- Encapsulation – potting / hermetic sealing / thermal desiccation / proprietary dielectric oil-gas filling
- Roll soldering
- Flex circuits
- Silk screening
- Surface mount soldering and solder paste stenciling
- Adhesive dispensing
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Electrical and Mechanical Assembly
- IPC/EIA J-STD-001 certified soldering experts
- Workmanship to IPC/EIA J-STD-001 and MIL-HDBK-454
- Cleaning done in environmentally safe cleaning systems
- Wire cut and strip machining
- Torque wrenches
- Air tools
- Crimping equipment
- Chassis wiring and assembly
- Cable assembly
- Potting, staking and conformal coating
- Oil-Gas Dielectric
- Proprietary potting techniques
Testing – electrical and environmental
- Each unit produced is 100% tested to your specification
- Skilled technicians
- Dedicated workstations
- Calibration program
- Automatic Test Equipment
- High and low voltage electrical
- Vibration: sine and random, all three axis for both qualification and ESS
- Temperature: -55 to +105 deg C for both qualification and ESS
- Temperature / altitude
- Temperature / humidity
- Thermal cycling
- Thermal shock
- Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
Build To Print Production Floor Management Tools
- Fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- The customer parts list is uploaded to fully utilize our ERP System.
- Workmanship is monitored to ensure operator quality and efficiency.
- Operator Certification Program
- ACT’s quality management system is certified to AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015
- ANSI/J-STD-001 (certified trainer in-house)
- Various In-House Standards that are based upon procedures in MIL-STD 883, MIL-STD-202, J-STD-001 and IPC-610
ACT’s quality management system is certified to AS9100 Rev D and ISO 9001:2015 and valid for the design and manufacture of ruggedized custom power supplies and electronic devices. Quality Assurance operations address incoming inspections, in-process inspections, final inspections, including data analysis and corrective action programs to ensure high quality products. Quality Assurance provides the failure analysis and trends tracking for customer returns. More information about our quality is located here.
The staff at ACT has a complete understanding of their organization and how this supports the overall mission of the company and its customers. Customers are given direct points of contact which yields outstanding communication and timely problem resolution. Production employees receive a variety of in-house training applicable to their jobs including courses in J-STD soldering, ESD, Hazmat, documentation use, rework processes and OJT. ACT ensures that employees are cross trained for critical needs and support. ACT has a low turn over rate. ACT maintains a first shift that is capable of rapid expansion, which would significantly increase capacity. In addition, ACT has the ability to operate a second shift when needed to meet increasing demand.
Please contact us for more info.