|AC-DC:||Alternating current (AC) converted to Direct Current (DC)|
|Boost:||DC-to-DC power converter with an output voltage greater than its input voltage|
|Buck:||A voltage step down and current step up converter|
|DC-DC:||Direct current (DC) converted to Direct Current (DC)|
|High Voltage (HV):||Output voltages exceeding 1,000 Volts (1 kV). Typical applications for high voltage power supplies are helmet CRT display applications for fighter and helicopter platforms involved with military and aerospace industries. Other high voltage applications include Electro-Static Precipitators, Fluid ionization / filtration, ion pumps and powering image intensifier tubes. ACT’s HV power supplies utilize light weight potting compounds or ACT’s proprietary oil-gas process to achieve a high level of reliability.|
|Ion Pump Power Supply:||A power supply designed to run an ion pump which is a vacuum pump that removes gas by ionizing the atoms or molecules and adsorbing them on a metal surface.|
|Linear Power Supplies:||Linear power supplies are for low noise applications. For DC input type of applications ACT engineers have combined switching regulators on the DC input side and then linear regulators are utilized to provide the low noise outputs that are achievable using a linear approach. This approach combines the high efficiency of switching power supplies with the low noise outputs of a linear topology|
|Low Voltage:||Output voltages less than 1,000 Volts (1 kV)|
|Potting:||Filling a hermetically sealed module to isolate the components in high voltage situations.|
|Oil-Gas Dielectric:||ACT’s proprietary oil – gas process is the preferred approach for voltages exceeding 7 kV. The dielectric gas has insulating properties comparable to the oil that is used to provide for expansion and contraction in most configurations. Benefits are:
1. The natural wetting action of oil penetrates the pores of the materials it insulates, minimizing the possibility of surface creepage and corona.
2. Adhesion of the dielectric is maintained despite repetitive temperature cycling.
3. Convection currents set up by thermal gradients provide superior cooling to the components eliminating “hot spots” and increasing MTBF figures.
4. Immunity to hostile environments such as high altitude.
5. The modules are repairable down to the component level; thus; a complete failure analysis is possible if a unit is damaged in service.
6. Resistance to shock and vibration is enhanced by the dampening action of the oil.
|Rack Mounted / VME:||A Rack Mounted / VME power supply is typically a low voltage power supply in a stand-alone package for rack, VME or similar type slots.|
|Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Power Supplies:||UAV power supplies typically are DC-DC power supplies that require high efficiency, small size and low weight. ACT has designed custom power supplies for UAV applications that convert MIL-STD-704A (and higher revisions) input power into a variety of DC output voltage and power levels. Thermal management at both high and low temperature leads to integrating a variety of thermal solutions, such as liquid cooling. With ACT’s extensive vertical integration custom mechanical configurations are easily designed and produced.|